Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How did your Representative vote on health reform?

Commentary by walford

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/5831/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=1449

March 22, 2010

I modified the text of the auto-generated letter somewhat:

"Representative ________,

Thank you for voting YES to health care reform. You have cast your vote against me and with the insurance industry. Your vote made it so all Americans will be required to buy health insurance, contrary to Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. It also made it so I must pay for federally mandated services while exempting those of other states, which violates the Equal Protection Clause in the 14th Amendment.

Your vote is about helping government grow and our rights shrink. It is about making it more expensive for small businesses to hire new employees as the economy continues to stagnate if not tank. It's about the government deciding what kind of coverage I should have and taking the choice away from me. It's about creating artificial price caps and, as anyone who understands basic economics knows, this will create shortages via waiting lists for treatment and other forms of health care rationing. It's about taking away choice.

Thank you for standing up for the insurance companies and thwarting popular will. As a constituent, I sincerely appreciate it and I will remember this vote in November as I pull the lever for whomever is running against you."

No comments:

Post a Comment